Saturday, November 17, 2012

Vegan Brownies

Ok. This is the ONLY recipe I even care about anymore. Do you even know how excited I am about "healthy" gooey, chocolatey, fudge like brownies that have low sugar, no dairy or eggs?? Eek! Hold me back; I might eat the entire pan!!!! Yeah, I'm cliche chocolate loving girl. But, Craig reallllly likes chocolate, too! You can't really even taste the pumpkin, so I wouldn't classify these as pumpkin brownies. Literally all you can taste is chocolate which is perfectly fine with me!! Maybe eating this way won't be so bad ;-) 

Vegan Brownies

1 1/4 cups 100% whole wheat flour (I used soft white wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup rapadura or brown sugar 
1 tsp vanilla
Just under 2 cups pumpkin puree
1 organic dark chocolate bar, chopped (the good quality kind won't have dairy fillers)


Mix all dry ingredients. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Stir just until combined. Stir in chocolate. Line a 9x9 pan with foil. Lightly oil the foil. Spread batter in pan and bake on 350 for 25 mins. Transfer to cooling rack. Eat immediately with peanut butter if you're like me ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment