Friday, November 16, 2012

Oat Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites




I was having a really huge craving for my ultimate favorite unhealthy food, Pretzel Cookies . Since it is quite obvious that recipe won't find it's way into my oven again any time soon, I had to make a way to have around the same flavor without the butter, sugar, and refined flour. 
Enter: Oat Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites. 

They worked! Eek! I was literally eating this stuff out of the bowl. I wasn't the only one, either! Craig didn't even want to wait until I had them all rolled and chilled. Ah well! This recipe will become a new staple. It has to, with my sweet tooth!
I added 2 scoops of organic brown rice protein powder to the mix. It's totally optional, but I like that it gives an extra kick of protein to our diets. 


Oat Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
  
2 cups oats 
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pretzels
1/4 cup chopped  
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Combine dry ingredients. Warm butter, oil, sweetener, in a saucepan until combined. Add vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins. Form into tightly packed balls. Store in refrigerator. 
I made a double batch and got around 50 balls. Now, these little dudes look nothing like the fab cookies I posted, but don't be too hard on them...they really are delicious!! 








  

No comments:

Post a Comment