Friday, November 23, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta

I am a big pasta fan. I really, realllly love creamy pasta! I thought it was impossible to make going vegan but avocado makes such a fabulous pasta sauce. Who knew?!

With avocado being such a healthy fat for you, there's no guilt and I love that it's easy to make GF for my fellow non gluten foodies out there. 

This pasta was a bit on the spicy side, so decrease pepper flakes if you aren't big on eating spicy.
This isn't the prettiest looking dish but it was SO east, especially being the "sauce" can be pureed and frozen for a quick dinner grab. I have five recipes now in my freezer. It IS possible to make healthy dinners super quick if you don't mind a little extra prep one day! I'm quite happy we had leftovers. This is SO my lunch today! 

Avocado Basil Linguine
2 avocado
2 roma tomato
1/2 lime, juiced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/3 cup fresh basil, packed
2 cups fresh spinach
1 tsp salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 box linguine pasta 

Make pasta according to directions on box. Mix all other ingredients in a food processor or blender until as smooth as possible. Drain pasta. Toss with sauce. Serve immediately. Seriously. It's that simple! 


No comments:

Post a Comment