Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Granola, Crock Style

The crock pot is my best friend, kitchen gadget wise. Aside from my wheat grinder, of course.
So, I use it whenever I can. I stumbled across a granola recipe for the crock, but wasn't satisfied with the results. After some tweaking, I now have this recipe. It's not very clumpy, so if you like big clumps, I suggest making an oven recipe or adding more honey. I prefer my granola more cereal like.
This stuff has so much flavor and is so versatile as you can mix in whatever you want to change flavor!

Granola
5 c oats
2/3c honey
1/2c melted butter
2 tablespoons flax seed
1/4c slivered almonds
1/4c raw pumpkin seed
1/4c raw sunflower seeds
3/4c dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, and golden raisins are my fav.)

Place all dry ingredients in your crock pot. Melt butter and add with honey to dry mix. Toss well. Cover but vent with a chop stick (very important part). Cook on high 3-4 hours., stirring often. Be careful to not burn. Pour onto parchment paper to cool. Store in airtight containers or bags in fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment