Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken-Rice-Bean Burritos

One of my staple bulk meals that I always have in my freezer, these are super easy to make and they freeze/re-heat very well! Like usual, I don't really have a recipe. I just throw into a bowl whatever I think will taste good but here's a rough estimate of what's in them!

Chicken Burritos

4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
3 cups prepared mexican rice
3 cups prepared brown rice
1 cup prepared black beans
1 cup prepared white beans
1 cup frozen corn
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper (or more)
1 tsp salt (or more)
1 quart (4 cups) salsa
1 cup mozzarella, grated
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated

Mix everything very well in a large bowl. Depending on the moisture in the rice, you may need to add more salsa.

This recipe makes me almost 30 burritos, depending on how much filling.

Put 1/2 cup or tad more on each tortilla.

 I wrap all mine individually in foil and then freeze.


You can leave in the foil and reheat on 350 for 15 mins or until center is warm.
Craig re-wraps them in wax paper and microwaves them a couple minutes.

So awesome to have these on hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment