Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crescent Lasagna

Let me first go on record in saying I've no idea why it's called a lasagna. It looks, tastes, sets up nothing like lasagna but hey, that's what I've known it as!

Next, I would also like to say I know it's not the ultimate health food. But making it twice a year, I don't care =) All the spinach pear salads make up for a little less healthy meal.

Disclaimers over, my family loves this meal. It's one of Craig's favorites. I'd never made it until I met him and it's super easy! I make a double batch because the other half goes in foil to be re-heated on the stoneware a few days later. Bakes up new!!


Crescent Roll Lasagna

2 rolls crescent
1 lb beef
1 can tomato paste
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 tsp each, basil, oregano, salt, pepper
1 8oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese

Brown beef with onion. Drain fat if any. Stir in paste and seasoning. Follow photographic instructions. Bake on 375 for about 25 minutes. 

Using one of the crescent roll packages..
 Cover using other crescent roll package. Sprinkle with parsley.



No comments:

Post a Comment