Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Orange Blueberry Pancakes

I love having pancakes in this house. When I make them, it's usually in a very large batch so I can freeze 3-4 of them in small bags for easy toasting & easy breakfast/afternoon snack/whatever. My husband can grab a bag or two and toast them up @ work, too, so that's cool for him. When I found this recipe in "Parents" magazine, I knew I had to try it. I did a few different things but they still turned out wonderful! I'm glad I did and so is my family! New staple in our freezer...

Orange Blueberry Pancakes

1 1/2 cups whole grain/wheat flour
1/2 cup sweetener (honey, evap cane juice,sugar)
3 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup whole milk
6 oz yogurt (I used home made)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (this is just what I  used..any OJ will work)
1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries

In one bowl, beat milk, yogurt, eggs, OJ, oil, vanilla, and honey if using that for sweetener. In another bowl, thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients.. Combine the wet and dry mix until mixed completely. Pour by 1/4 cup onto hot griddle. Add 1-2 tablespoons blueberries per pancake. Proceed to cook like normal pancakes.

We served ours with strawberry puree and frozen vanilla yogurt topped with more berries. Amaaazing! 


1 comment: