Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Mother's Waffles

Waffles. For dinner. And no, not with fried chicken... (I hear some people actually do that!) 

I think breakfast is the best quick go-to dinner. And I think my mom's waffles are the best.  I must not be the only one because they are requested quite often from other people! 

When we were kids, my mom would always make the best whip cream shapes for us.
"Mommmmy I wanna airplane! With clouds! And my name!"
"Mommyyyy can I haz a flower wis a bumble bee?"
" Mommyyyy I want a race carrrrr."
And with each outlandish request, that woman would whip out art with cream. 

Me? 

Well, I make geometric shapes. A square, you say? How about a triangle? Don't ask me for something like a dinosaur....I mostly specialize in stick figures and straight lines with the occasional smiley face thrown in for good measure. I did draw a "T" on Ty's, though! That was pretty sweet of me...haha =)




Buttermilk Waffles

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted

Whip all ingredients to a froth. Let sit until bubbles settle. Fry in waffle maker. I think all waffles should be served with freshly sliced organic strawberries, but the occasional home made peanut butter with real maple syrup is ok, too.... =) Enjoy and try to not drool TOO much over the photos...!




No comments:

Post a Comment