Saturday, July 13, 2013

Coconut Crepes w/ cottage berry whip and berry sauce

This morning was a crepe morning. 

My kids have never had them, I was craving them, and Craig loves them.
Yep, it was a crepe morning. 

The slight tang of lemon, with the tart of berries and the creaminess of cottage whip was unbeatable! 

I claim zero credit for the berry syrup and the cottage whip. I found them on other blogs and will link their original recipe with my own tweaks.

Something so satisfying about a good, wholesome breakfast...knowing my kids ate well and will be full for hours? Makes
my heart smile :-) 

Of course, crepes are a time consuming breakfast to make unless you're amazingly fab and have tons of pans, but I don't :-) 

Pancakes for regular life, crepes on special occasions..like when we all sleep until 8 or something. Cause for celebration indeed!! 


Coconut Lemon Crepes (makes 8 small, double for bigger servings)

6 eggs
1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp cream
4 Tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp truvia or desired sweetener
4 drops lemon essence oil
Two pinches lemon zest 
1-2 Tbsp almond, rice, or dairy milk for thinning 


Blend all ingredients until frothy on top. 
Preheat nonstick pan on medium heat and lightly spritz with oil. Drop 3 or so Tbsp on pan and swirl to fill. Cook about one minute and gently flip. Cook other side 30 seconds-1min until done. Fill with whip, roll, and top with berry syrup. ( links below) 
These aren't all that fabulous cold, but sure are amazing warm!! 

Berry Syrup http://www.gwens-nest.com/family-favorite-recipes/sugar-free-berry-syrup-recipe/
My addition was 1 cup of cranberries, a few pinches of lemon zest, and half a lemon juiced instead of the oil.

Berry whip
http://www.growinghomeblog.com/2013/05/cottage-berry-whip.html?m=1
My addition was once again, half a lemon juiced and a few pinches of zest. What can I say, I'm on a mass lemon kick. Blame it on baby Ian! He makes me crave things ;-) 



Child approved, even on pancakes!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment