Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mexican Salad

Hello, blog land!! I am back! *cue cheers*
I am now officially 4 months pregnant, and slowly getting over the worst of the hyperemesis.Which means...back to being in my kitchen! To kick off a whole new slew of recipes, I have today's lunch. A black bean and corn salsa, served over a bed of lettuce, and topped with cilantro lime dressing. Both Pinterest recipes, made a little more to my liking. It's just how I do things. :-) So, without further ado, and while baby4 still lets me be up and walking, instead of the usual past months of in bed and, well, yeah...
The Recipe.



Mexican Salad

Black Bean+Corn Salsa: (which, by the way, is amazing by itself!)

1 can corn
1 can black beans
2 chopped roma tomatoes
1/2 jalapeno, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 sweet onion, chopped fine
salt to taste

Drain corn and beans. Mix all ingredients well in a container. Store in refrigerator. 


1 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 small lime, juiced (or 2 tbsp)
dash salt



Just gonna say, this served with some iced pomegranate green tea is completely amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Had most of the ingredients so picked up the rest and made this for supper. Yum! My guys liked it too. I added some strips of turkey breast and used less jalapeno but decided I could have used the half w/o it being too hot. I forgot to get the Roma's so used the tomato I had so more tomato would have been better. A keeper. This will be a great summer meal. I served to with The Best Raspberry Lemonade. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will be sharing it with Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed! Great idea adding the turkey! I'll try it that way tomorrow :-) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete