Thursday, March 8, 2012

GrapeNut Breakfast "bars"

I honestly wasn't expecting much from this recipe as far as flavor goes. It looked pretty bland but after adding a few seasonings, it turns out it wasn't that bad a recipe after all! I really didn't care if they weren't that great, I just wanted a quick breakfast I could grab on the run. They are a mix between a bar and a cake/bread texture. A bar with some peanut butter with a cup of coffee is actually pretty good. I was pleased! Even the kiddos liked them...

GrapeNut Breakfast Bars

6 cups Grape Nuts cereal
2 cups whole milk
2 cups applesauce
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup cranberries
1 cup finely chopped dates
1 tablespoon vanilla

Mix all ingredients together well. Line a 9x13 in wax paper. Dump mix into pan evenly. Bake on 350 for 35 minutes. Cool completely. Invert on cutting board and peel off wax paper. Cut into squares and store in refrigerator. 




No comments:

Post a Comment