Monday, January 23, 2012

Honey Butter Popcorn

So last night I made up a whole pan of this stuff and it was deemed "blogworthy" beings one pan lasted roughly 30 seconds. A healthier version of kettle corn, this has that slightly sweet, slightly salty, with a good crunch taste.
Pure Eire had the recipe posted on their facebook (they supply my milk for my awesome raw milk yogurt recipe) and I made it immediately.
For those who can't have dairy, coconut oil worked perfectly, too! I made it both ways just to test. ;-)
The best part, though, was that I could use our very own home grown "strawberry popcorn". See?
We grew this last year and it is by far the best popcorn I've ever had. It doesn't taste anything like strawberries and it pops up the fluffiest white with a pink center. So pretty! We have loads of fun taking the kernels off cobs. It's actually quite addicting once you get started. One night we had three huge baskets full of dry cobs! Something about sitting around the table telling "corny" jokes... haha..get it?


 I well know that not everyone has home grown popcorn sitting around, but any kind will do. I just wanted to share pictures of our pretty stuff!

Honey Butter Popcorn


About 8 cups popped corn
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
salt

Dump popped kernels into a 9x13 or cookie sheet. Drizzle with melted honey butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Bake on 350 for 7-10 mins or until a crunchy base forms.

That's pretty much it, folks. If course you can up the honey or butter or whatever depending on how you like it. =)




3 comments:

  1. that has got to be the cutest corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I will have to try it sometime! I have never heard of red corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Taj,

    We LOVE this image and would like to feature it as a blog post within an article for a new food website.

    Please get in touch and we'd be happy to send over the link for you to check out. Our email add: editorial.homemade@gravityroad.com

    Many thanks,

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete