Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grilled Corn

I probably won't ever make corn in a pot of boiling water again. Not since discovering how easy and delicious grilling corn is! Not that I haven't had it before, I just haven't done it yet. (With only 4 years of married cooking under my belt, I've still lost of things to try!) With fall approaching (tho with these 100 degree temps it sure don't feel like it!) corn is in season and we really like corn over here! This is our new favorite way to eat it. As a guest said, she was doubting the recipe..until she ate it. She was in love. (Hi, Sonja ;-) ) And we are, too! Apparently, the butter mixture is amazing on grilled salmon, too. I wouldn't know, though. I don't touch sea creatures =)


Grilled Corn

 5 cobs corn
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder

Peel pack husks on corn and remove silk. Fold husks back up. You need only about 3 layers of husk, so feel free to peel the rest off and discard. Soak corn for a good 10-15 minutes in water (obviously). grill on medium/high heat turning occasionally for 15 minutes. Mix melted butter with honey, salt, and chili powder. Baste grilled corn and enjoy!!


P.S. If you've never had Albino Corn before, try it! I found and heirloom variety at the Farmer's Market and it is super good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment