Monday, July 11, 2011

Mexican Lasagna

A go-to for me, this dinner is perfect for assembling in the morning and popping in the oven later. Mornings are my favorite around here. I have the most energy and my kids are their happiest. Any meal that can be made then (i.e. crock pot, casseroles, etc) are a winner in this house. I assemble this recipe in my fabulous Pampered Chef stoneware deep covered baker. 
 
If you don't have one of these, I suggest you get one. It's my favorite PC item ever!  This recipe feeds us twice, so I'd say 8 servings or so. 

Mexican Lasagna

9 whole grain tortillas
1 recipe bean dip
2 cups salsa
2 cups shredded cheese
2 lbs ground beef, seasoned with this taco seasoning mix

Rip tortillas in 1/4's. Layer in pan three times : Tortilla, Beans, Salsa, Beef, Cheese. Bake on 350 for about a half hour, covered, or until cheese bubbles. Serve with chips, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and whatever else comes to mind!

This re-heats very well, too. 


1 comment:

  1. I thought that deal was for the microwave...apparently not only ;) Maybe someday I'll be able to get one...looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete