Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate

Every now and then I make something that makes my heart (and tastebuds) fairly sing. 
I realllly wanted chocolate today but in all reality, commercial chocolate isn't all that great for you. So I set out to revamp an old recipe I had been making to see if I could improve it's consistency. It. WORKED. And I LOVE the results! So do the kids. Cocoa, cinnamon, and a dash of salt makes some prettttty amazing stuff! It's not a stiff chocolate. It's kinda got the consistency of fudge. But when it's cut up into little squares and frozen....................YUM. Tiny, little bites of divine! With all the health benefits of raw honey, cocoa, and coconut oil! And it goes with Craig's "no refined sugar" requirements..! In my books, that's called a score!!


Chocolate

1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tablespoon palm shortening
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon


Dump all ingredients in 1 quart canning jar. place canning jar in pot half full of boiling water. Heat until all is melted and well combined. Pour onto foil lined cookie sheet. Freeze until firm. Peel off foil and cut into little itty  bitty squares of indulgence! I recommend freezer storage. But that's just because I like my chocolate cold. =) I was known to take a candy bar and cut it into tiny squares and put them in a bag in the freezer. I'm kinda odd like that. =D





No comments:

Post a Comment