Sunday, December 19, 2010

Barbeque Chicken (Over Garlic Potatoes)

Hands down and without any doubt in my mind the BEST barbeque chicken I have ever had!!!
When one is "laid up" after surgery, easy meals are a MUST. Like...vital to life. Which is why this was made tonight. Easy enough that even a guy can make it! Yes, Craig did the hard work part. =)

As always, the crock pot is my default. If I can use it, I do. Or, in this case, if Craig can use it...etc. I'm sure you could do this in the oven...just cook until the chicken is done. It can be served over anything. Rice, potatoes, hamburger buns, as a cold sandwich, plain right out of the pot... And guess what. BOTH of my kids pounded a whole plate full. Good and good for you. Double score!

Barbeque Chicken

4 chicken breast
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 red onion, minced finely (or puree'd beyond recognition as we do it in this house)
1 bottle honey barbeque sauce
1 cup Italian dressing
1/2 cup brown sugar (Or maple syrup in my house)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce


Place chicken in crock pot. Combine all the other ingredients and slather/dump all over chicken. Cook on high until done. I think it took like 3 hours? Shred chicken and return to pot of sauce. Heat through again and serve! Garnish with green onions. Although this step is usually an optional one in recipes, I think it should be mandatory. I love green onions!


For my mashed potatoes I usually do 1 clove minced garlic per 4 medium potatoes. After they are cooked, of course! So boil, drain, and add butter, garlic, pepper, a dash of salt, and a dash of cream or half and half. Best whipped potatoes ever!!

So anyways, make this sometime!! We have enough leftovers to make one more meal...so this served a family of four..unless you count that Avoni alone eats enough to feed three people.. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment