Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oat Cookies

I can't eat normal food anymore. Vienna is getting way too big, and my torso is way too short. At all times, she is in my ribs, hips, sides, and sticking out 5 feet (or so it seems). So, eating is nigh onto impossible. Have you seen diagrams of how babies re-arrange your insides?! Yeah. There are reasons why the ribs expand. 
But, obviously, one needs to eat somewhat, right? 
That's why I made these cookies. They got everything in them for a healthy breakfast that takes up almost zero room in the stomach. Yeah! So cool. 
They're amazing frozen with peanut butter and a huge mug of cinnamon tea.
I can enjoy breakfast once again. =)


Oat Cookies
1 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
3/4 cups honey
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisins (I use golden..not much into the other kind)
2 cups oats
2 cups flour (I use soft white wheat berries, ground)
1/4 cup each flax meal, oat bran, cracked wheat (all optional)

Mix all wet ingredients well. Stir in dry ingredients. Drop by rounded tablespoons on parchment lined cookie sheets. Of course you don't have to use parchment, but seriously, it's the best mess free way to make cookies! I love parchment paper.
Bake on 350 for 15-17 minutes.
Enjoy! I sure did. And so did Craig. And the kids. Half a batch is already gone! And I made them, like, a half hour ago. We got bottomless pits over here!
P.s. These equal to right around 100 calories a piece. Not...bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment