Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I found this recipe via this blog. I didn't even tell my kids what the secret ingredient was. They just automatically assumed they were little sugar cubes. Works for me!! I actually despise cottage cheese with an intense passion but was pleasantly surprised that theses were amazing with maple syrup!! I'm just going to copy and paste from her blog as that's much easier. They froze and thawed/toasted up quite well, too. Who would have thought?! 

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

3 Eggs
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Honey or Agave
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
Butter, Oil or Oil Spray


1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat, lightly coat with oil or butter and pour about 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the griddle for each pancake.
5. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are set and golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment