Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cleaning Tip

For quite a while I've use vinegar to clean. Its pretty much unbeatable for water spots, grime, and buildup without counting harsh commercial chemical cleaners. I always have a spray bottle of it in my kitchen for easy access. When I read you can make vinegar smell like citrus, I was quite excited. It worked, too! I steeped mine for two weeks and I just cleaned my house entirely with vinegar...you can't even tell! Give it a try. I bet you'll like it! 


Citrus Vinegar

Canning Jars
Vinegar
Grapefruit, Orange, and Lemon peels

Fill jars almost to the top with peels. Add vinegar. Cap and let sit for 2 weeks. To use: dilute by half with water. 


My favorite part about this, though, is taking a roll of good quality paper towel, cutting it in half with my bread knife, manipulating the cardboard roll out of it, and putting one of the halves in a baby wipes container. Dampen the paper towel with this vinegar/water solution and you have quick cleaning wipes for a fraction of the store cost! It really works. I promise! 


6 comments:

  1. So awesome! I'm going to start collecting my citrus peels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! this would be handy because Kent cannot stand the smell of vinegar and sometimes he comes home to a house oozing of it ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis may be a dumb question, but after the two weeks you dilute it...do you toss the peels? or keep them in the spray bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If somebody wants expert take on the main topic of blogging next I advise him/her to go to this site, continue the fussy job.http://www.thesteammop.club

    ReplyDelete