Monday, October 24, 2011

Pizza Cups

Pardon my incredibly long absence but I was knocked flat with a crazy virus that made me unable to walk for quite some time. Mom down = lots of easy, non-nutritious meals =). But, I'm back! And planning on blogging up a storm in the near future....

Pizza cups were a favorite when I was a kid. When my mom said they were for dinner, I don't think one person in the entire house groaned. We loved them! It was fun to re-make memories with this meal. My kids had such a blast trashing my table with biscuits, beef, and cheese. It was worth the cleanup, though, to see them so happy. I'm thinking I have a few budding chefs on my hands! 

This is a large recipe (40) because they freeze and reheat in the oven VERY well.


Pizza Cups

4 rolls (10 biscuits each) biscuits
2 lbs  ground beef  (I like 90/10 sirloin..)
3-4 cups pizza sauce
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cups shredded cheese

Brown beef with chopped onion. Drain excess fat. Stir in pizza sauce. Flatten biscuits. Lay into greased muffin tins. Fill with 2 spoonfuls beef. Top with a sprinkle of cheese. Bake on 450 for aprox 10 minutes or until sufficiently browned. Super quick!!



Flattening the dough~!


Pressed into pan and filled


What they lack in looks...they make up for in taste!!



The kids diving in! 


It's what's for dinner!! 



3 comments:

  1. good idea! I think Jaxon would really like these with ground sausage...
    is that corn from your garden? my mouths watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The corn is actually from Country Mercantile....they have an awesome fall festival going on right now and we went Saturday =) Sausage is a great idea! Really, you could add pepperoni bits to it, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have a recipe for the biscuits or are they store bought?

    ReplyDelete