Monday, November 8, 2010

World's Best Carrot Cake

 So I came across this recipe from my dear friend Glenda. She called it "World's Best Carrot Cake (In my humble opinion)". Well, when I see something titled "the best" or "world's best" or "most amazing" I really have to try it to see if these people know just what they're talking about. ;-)
Glenda, please, there is no need for all this "humble opinion" stuff. This cake is AMAZING! Nice and hearty, I know it's going to be my breakfast until the pan runs out. Which means I'll get it like, once, if I'm lucky....Craig's in love with the stuff!! I whipped some cream that had a dab of vanilla and cinnamon in it for the topping. Super delicious!!

World's Best Carrot Cake (In Glenda's humble opinion)
1 1/2 cups oil (I did part applesauce and coconut oil)
3 eggs
1 cup crushed pineapple
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups sweetener (I used 1 cup honey)
2 cups flour (I used soft white wheat berries, ground)
2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients until well combined. Pour into greased and floured 9 by 13 pan. Bake on 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a knife put in center comes out clean.

The best part? My kids don't even know they're eating a vegetable when they eat this cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment