Monday, June 18, 2012

Baked Oatmeal Muffins

I'm always on the lookout for quick and easy breakfasts. Especially in the summer when it feels like I'm always out the door earlier than usual! These freeze well and they get the family stamp of approval. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Portable oatmeal! The best part is being able to customize your toppings. I made them with peanut butter and jam, figs, dates, dark chocolate chips, and apricots. This makes 96 muffins (one months worth of breakfast for my kiddos). 


Baked Oatmeal Muffins 

4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups applesauce
1 mashed banana
2/3 cups brown sugar or other sweetener
10 cups oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
6 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
5 1/2 cups whole milk


Beat eggs. Add vanilla, applesauce, banana, and sweetener. Stir to combine. Add oats, coconut, cinnamon, powder, and salt. Stir again. Add milk. Mix well. 
Line muffin tins with liners. Spritz a dab of oil into each liner. Fill using an 1/8 cup measuring cup. Top with whatever you like. Bake on 350 for about a half hour. Remove to racks to cool. Store in Ziploc freezer bags. 

Pretty simple but nutritious! 


2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy. We live so far from town I'm always wishing we had nutritious snacks to grab and bring with us so we wouldn't keep eating out(love that MSG...yuck!)I think I'll be making these soon.(if I find time :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, think these need to go on the menu!

    ReplyDelete