Friday, May 6, 2011

Guacamole Bruschetta

When I saw this recipe shared by a friend (thanks, Kaia, for the inspiration!), it took all my self control to not jump in my van that instant and buy some avocados. This morning, I loaded the kids into the stroller and walked to my local grocer to buy what I needed. I came home and got right to work. It took me all of 10 minutes to make. Super quick! Craig's take?
"Well..It sure don't lack flavor!!" It got his stamp of approval!! 
I immediately forwarded the recipe and photo to my little sis to make for my parents.
My family is going to be in tastebud heaven tonight!!!

My changes:
It calls for french bread, but I used Pugliese.
I didn't rub my bread in garlic, I put a clove in the guac.
I minced everything pretty small instead of making it chunky.
I used roma tomato. 

Guacamole Bruschetta


 ½ loaf French bread
1 clove garlic
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 tomatoes, medium chopped
2 avocados, medium chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½" rounds and place on a baking sheet.
Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.






3 comments:

  1. Yum yum YUM. Very cool blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I awarded you the versatile blogger award. so go to my blog http://miraclesdohappen-amanda.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html to claim it!!

    ReplyDelete