Saturday, February 18, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal

This morning I wanted to try something new to accompany my crustless quiche for breakfast. I had never made baked oatmeal before so I decided to give it a whirl. With the apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg it was really tasty. I topped it with maple sugar and frozen vanilla yogurt. Yum!! 


Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup softened butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar or succanat
2 beaten eggs
3 cups oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 apples, sliced paper thin

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Mix in oats, baking powder, and milk. Lightly grease an 8x8 pan. Put sliced apples on the bottom. Top with oat mixture. Bake on 350 for 30 mins. Top with maple syrup and frozen yogurt for best experience =) 


No comments:

Post a Comment