Friday, June 24, 2011

Pesto-Chicken Pizza

With a batch of fresh pesto in the house, there are two things guaranteed to be served 'round these parts. Pasta and Pizza. Pizza first. Super simple, totally crazy flavor. You know when the kids ask for more (and more and more and more) that you've scored one for the team! When I was assembling it, Craig raised an eyebrow but ever so sweetly decided to trust my instincts. Usually, they are right. I owe that to my mother..she's got great instincts!! So I layered. And added. A bit of this, a bit of that. And what turned out was totally awesome! Packed with whole grains, protein, & veggies, you can't go wrong!


Pesto Chicken Pizza

Per Pizza:
Whole grain flatbread
1/4 cup cottage cheese
2 tablespoons pesto
1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used colby-jack)
1/4 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 roma tomato, sliced super thin
 Sprinkle of parmesan

I can fit two flatbreads per cookie sheet. Layer all ingredients in order given. Bake on 400 until cheese is melted. I like to toast my flatbread before baking it. It makes the pizza more crispy. Make as many as you want depending on family size.  =)  Craig ate two. The kids split one. I ate one. Delish!!



No comments:

Post a Comment